VISA INFORMATION FOR UGANDA
Any person intending to enter into Uganda should do so only for lawful purposes and in accordance with national immigration laws, guidelines and formalities.
Foreign nationals intending to enter Uganda for purposes of employment should comply with requirements for expatriate employment in Uganda.
All visa prone nationalities must obtain Uganda visas to facilitate their entry into the country.
Uganda visas may be obtained at Uganda missions abroad or on arrival at the country’s ports of entry.
Single entry: U$ 50 per individual
Multiple entry visa 6-12 months U$ 100
Multiple entry visa 24 months U$ 150
Multiple entry visa 36 months U$ 200
1. visas do not permit gainful or voluntary employment in Uganda
2. Entry into or exit from Uganda should be made only through gazetted ports of entry/exit
3. Visa Exemptions
Nationalities that do not pay for Visa while entering Uganda i.e. nationals of countries that do not pay for Uganda visas
COMESA (Angola,Eritrea, Malawi, Madagascar, Seychelles,Swaziland, Zambia, Comoros, Kenya, Mauritius, Zimbabwe)
EAC (Tanzania, Rwanda, Kenya, Burundi)
OTHERS (Antigua, Barbados, Fiji, Grenada, Lesotho, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, The Grenadines, Vanuatu, Cyprus, Bahamas, Belize, Gambia, Jamaica,
Malta, Singapore, St. Vincent-Tonga.
Any other exemption as may be specified on arrival
4. Every intending visitor is required to carry a genuine passport/travel document with validity beyond one year.
5. All arriving visitors will be required to fill in arrival declaration cards on arrival and should comply with other immigration formalities including the provision of required biometric information. Arrival/ departure declaration cards are available at the arrival lounge.
6. Immigration authorities at the port of arrival reserve the right of admission.
7. A visitor’s pass for a specific duration will be granted by the Immigration authorities on arrival to permit the holder’s stay in the country for the period granted in the pass. .
8. Arriving visitors should not carry or convey substances or goods prohibited by customs. (Contact Uganda Revenue Authority for details on prohibited substances)
9 Visitors should not overstay their visitors pass otherwise they will be subjected to a fine of U$ 30 per day and other appropriate legal action including prosecution and deportation.
10. Engagement in employment on basis of visitors pass is strictly prohibited. Offenders will be prosecuted.
11. Where visitors seek to stay longer than the period granted in the visitor’s pass on arrival, extension of the period should be sought from the Immigration Headquarters in Kampala or respective regional offices before expiry of the initial visitor’s pass. Save for EAC nationals, extensions sought by other foreign nationals shall not exceed six months in aggregate
Requirements for extension of visitor’s pass
Fill extension of visitor’s pass form
Attach Covering letter from applicant or host if applicable
Attach immigration status of host (if applicable)
Attach Copy of confirmed return air- ticket
Attach Copy of passport/travel document
Provide Original passport for endorsement of facility
All foreign nationals entering and residing in Uganda must comply with immigration legislation and other national laws of the country during their stay in Uganda.
VISA INFORMATION FOR RWANDA
Foreign Nationals wishing to obtain a Rwandan Visa, submit their applications to Rwandan Diplomatic Missions of their Country of residence for processing.
In case where we don’t have a Diplomatic Mission/ consulate, foreign nationals request for a visa acceptance letter online, which will be presented on arrival to obtain a visa upon payment of visa fee ($30) .
In view of bilateral agreements, nationals of the following Countries may visit Rwanda without a visa for a period up to 90 days: Hong Kong, Philippines, Mauritius, Singapore and the Democratic Republic of Congo.
EAC Partner states citizens’ shall be issued with 6 months visitors pass (renewable) upon arrival with no fee.
Nationals of Australia, Germany, Israel, New Zealand, Republic of South Africa, Sweden, United Kingdom, and United States of America will be issued with entry visa valid for a period up to 30 days and pay for a visa ($30) upon arrival without prior application.
GENERAL INFORMATION FOR AN APPLICANT SEEKING TO VISIT RWANDA ON A TOURIST VISA
An applicant should have a valid passport or another acceptable travel document.
The document must have a validity of at least 6 months on the day of entry in Rwanda.
A vaccination certificate may be required at the border post. In the event of a major disease outbreak, specific requirements could be set and put to the knowledge of the public.
These are fees for processing of applications. If applications are refused, or withdrawn by the applicant, refunds of fees will not be made.
Validity of a Visa:
The maximum and minimum period of validity of a visa is set out in the Information for Applicants for each visa class.
Single or Multiple Entries:
Whether a visa is issued for single or multiple entries is set out in the Information for Applicants for each visa class.
An applicant must have sufficient funds to cover the costs of their stay in Rwanda. Evidence for such funds may be requested online, at the Rwandan foreign mission or at the entry point.
Extension of a Visa for Some Classes:
Some visa classes may be extended. Details are set out in the Information for applicants for each class.
Extension of a visa should be applied for whilst initial visas remain valid.
A grace period of 5 days after a visa has expired is allowed for a person to either depart or renew their visa without a penalty, otherwise the person will be subjected to a penalty and may be refused a visa extension.
Verification of Documents:
*Marriage certificate ,birth certificate,death certificate and adoption certificate must be certified or true copies by the issuing authority.
*The Police clearance must be original
VISA INFORMATION FOR KENYA
EXEMPTION OF VISA FEES FOR CHILDREN UNDER 16 YEARS:
Effective 1st February ,2016 children under 16 years of age accompanying their parent(s) to Kenya will be exempted from paying visa fees.
Application for all Visa services should be completed online. Applicants must complete one application per person to receive a Unique Confirmation Number.. After completion, please download, print and sign the application before mailing it to the Embassy of The Republic of Kenya, Washington, D.C. Applications which are not filled online will be returned unprocessed.
After reading the Requirements below, please follow the “Continue with Online Application” link to complete the online application form.
- Passport( Not photocopy ) which is valid for at least six(6) months -To be submitted along with the application form.
- Completed (Filled in) Application form duly signed.
- Copy of flight Itinerary / Letter from travel agent on company letterhead confirming booking.
- Two Passport size photos, 2 inches by 2 inches (NB: Computer generated pictures are not acceptable)
- Visa Fees: (Money order / Cashier’s Cheque Only Payable to Embassy of The Republic of Kenya)
- US$50.00 For Single Entry (Tourist/Visitor/Business),
- US$100.00 For Multiple Entries (Tourist/Visitor/Business),
- US$20.00 For Single Transit of not more than 3 days for travelers on stopovers in Kenya while proceeding to other destinations
- US$100.00 East Africa,
- Diplomatic, Official, Service and Courtesy visas will continue to be issued Gratis .
- A self-addressed stamped return courier envelope for Fedex, Express Mail, Certified Mail or Priority Mail with delivery confirmation (NB: UPS, Metered stamps and Regular mail envelopes are not acceptable).
- ONLY MONEY ORDERS/CASHIERS CHEQUES PAYABLE TO THE EMBASSY OF THE REPUBLIC OF KENYA ARE ACCEPTED. NO CASH OR PERSONAL CHEQUES ,
- No Visa is required for persons on direct Transit and will not leaving the airport,
- A single entry Visa would allow re-entry to Kenya from any of the following East African Countries (Uganda, Tanzania, Burundi, Rwanda)
- Visas are usually valid for six months from the issuance date
- Visas are issued within 14 (Fourteen) business days from date of receipt of the application being sent by mail and courier services
- Those travelling to Kenya with their pets must obtain pet permits
- Holders of Kenya visitor/Business/tourist visa cannot engage in any form of employment whether paid or unpaid
- Applicants who intend to conduct temporary business, trade or profession must apply for a special pass from the Director of Immigration Services in Nairobi
- Applicants seeking to undertake Internship/placement or academic research should liaise with their host organizations, institutions or companies to make applications for the necessary pass to the Director of Immigration Services in Nairobi prior to their engagements.
VISA INFORMATION FOR TANZANIA
CONSULAR OFFICE – HOURS OF OPERATION
Monday – Thursday: 9.00 am – 5.00 pm
Friday: 9.00 am – 2.30 pm
Monday – Thursday
- Visa drop off: 9.00 am – 1.00 pm
- Visa pick up: 3.00 pm – 5.00 pm
- Visa drop off: 9.00 am – 12.00 pm
- Visa pick up: 12.00 pm – 2.00 pm
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT VISAS & ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
Requirements for all Visa Types
- A completed visa application form, signed by applicant.
- The actual passport valid for at least 6 months.
- Two passport sized photographs recently taken.
- A prepaid self-addressed envelope to facilitate return of passport by the most secure mail
- Be sure you are able to track it.
- FedEx and UPS are accepted.
N.B: The Embassy shall NOT be responsible for any loss or damage which occurred due to poor packaging, or that which occurred at courier handling facility.
- Provide flight itinerary, ticket or tour operator package receipt.
- People traveling for specific reasons other than tourism must submit a letter from their organization or office. These include but not limited to volunteers, people attending meetings & conferences, studies, diplomatic, official and any other business not mentioned here.
- Parental Approval for minors:
Visa applications for minors under 18 years traveling alone or with only one parent/legal guardians should be accompanied by:
- A notarized letter, jointly signed by parents or legal guardians approving the minor to travel.
- A copy of their ID
- Visa Fee: U.S. Passport holder: $ 100, Non U.S.: $50. Modes of payment accepted are:
- Money Order or Cashier’s Check.
- Company or Organization Checks
- Personal Checks – Should be accompanied by a copy of valid driver’s license or simply write the driver’s license number on the check
- Cash is NOT accepted.
- All checks and money orders should be made Payable to the Embassy of Tanzania, Washington DC.
- All credit cards accepted, EXCEPT AMERICAN EXPRESS. Please click here to download a form for credit card payment.
N.B: Visa Fee is NON REFUNDABLE.
|Other travel visas for:
HOURS OF OPERATION AND PROCESSING TIME
- Visa Application drop off: Monday to Friday from 9.00 am to 1.00pm.
- Visa pickups: Monday to Thursday from 3.00 pm to 5.00pm and Friday from 12.00 noon to 2.00 pm
- Visa processing takes a minimum of five (5) working days for regular process.
- Rush service is available for an extra $20, which takes 3 working days.
- Next day service is an extra $50 and same day service is available for $100
- The duration to remain in the country is determined by the immigration officer at the port of entry.
- All visas are valid from the date of issuance. In the event a visa expires before it is utilized, the applicant will have to re-apply for a new one.
- Walk-in is available, no appointment necessary.
Processing Fee for Personal Checks and Credit/Debit cards:
When you provide a personal check, debit or credit card you authorize us to debit $5.00 processing fee from your account for each check or transaction. Payment with personal checks should be accompanied with a copy of driver’s license.
The best choice of vaccines for your trip depends on many individual factors, including your precise travel plans. Vaccines commonly recommended for travelers to Africa include those against Tetanus, Diphtheria, Polio, Typhoid, Hepatitis A, Hepatitis B, Yellow fever, Malaria Rabies and Meningitis.
Certificate is required for entry into, or travel between, some African countries. Several of these vaccines require more than one dose, or take time to become effective. It is always best to seek advice from your doctor on immunization well in advance, if possible around 6 weeks before departure.
The government of Tanzania requires proof of yellow fever vaccination upon arrival if you are traveling from a country with risk of yellow fever.
For Malaria, talk to your doctor about how to prevent malaria while traveling. You may need to take prescription medicine before, during, and after your trip to prevent malaria, especially if you are visiting low-altitude areas.
In case you would like to buy travel insurance we recommend visiting the link below. It contains reviews of various travel insurance policies.
VISA PROCESSING CENTERS – USA
Visas can be obtained from any Tanzanian embassy abroad.
Embassy of the United Republic of Tanzania
1232 22nd St. NW
Washington D.C 20037
Main Tel: (202)939-6125
Visa Info: (202)884-1085
Visa Processing Tel: (202)884-1092
Permanent Mission of the United Republic of Tanzania to the United Nations
307 East 53 street 4th, floor.
New York, NY, 10022.
TEL: 212-697 3612 Ext# 4 | FAX: 212-697-3618